Thursday, May 30, 2013

Staring Spanish class (day 4&5)

We started Spanish class today. Hawkeye and I were placed in a private class - or rather just the two of us. This will be fun, but a little intense. Oh well. I'm sure we will learn a lot. We have Eva (whom we have had before). She is a great teacher. Hawkeye wants to speed through the part we have previously learned. So far we have covered in 2 days what took us abut 8 classes last time. Hopefully we can pick up the pace just a tad more, but I think we will end up slowing down.

Iron Man and Captain America also have Spanish class. THeir comments are priceless. The first day they said "We know she speaks English because we ask her questions in English and she answers in Spanish." The second day they said "She doesnt understand English anymore." Muy bueno - maybe they will start speaking. Unfortunately, we cannot get a whole lot of speaking out of them. Maybe this will come later.

Thor hangs out with our host family during Spanish class. Monday he went to the park and played with some other children. We saw a video on Don Emiliano's phone of Thor playing on the monkey bars. Hulk hangs out in class with Hawkeye and I.

HOwever, I am exausted. Although I am really enjoying the trip - I need some down time. I feel like every "free morning" I have to teach. I am already coming up with ways to change this next time. (Yikes, did I say next time??)