We have made it to Monteverde! And Monteverde went up and got big. I hardly recognize this place. So many new restaurants and stores, almost sad.
We left Volcan Arenal at 8:00 for roughly a four hour bus ride. It is great that the little Avengers love the bus (especially Thor) because we have several bus rides on this trip, We stopped for the bathroom, but that was about it. As soon as we got to CPI (the language school in Monteverde) we took a Spanish test. Yikes! This included both a written and oral component. We shall find out how things turn out tomorrow. Muy bueno.
We also met our first host family. Although this is my fifth homestay, I have never had a bad experience. Each family is always unique and special- I know I will be super sad to leave. The family consists of Don Emiliano (papa Tico), Dona Cecilia (mama tica), and Jazmin (hermana).
It will be a great 2 weeks!
