Friday, March 29, 2013

Sweet Sleep

So maybe these are the little things - that if I just write them down I can keep them. I think I will miss such nights in 30 years as my children go through what I am currently living. These are sweet, precious, wonderful years. There will be sleep on the other side, and it will be bittersweet.

On any given day Hawk Eye and I have a different collection of Avengers in our room come bedtime. Sometimes there are little Avengers in sleeping bags, self-made pallets, and even sleeping on a somewhat permanent futon pad next to our mattress. Last night was one of those night when everyone made it to our room by morning.

The saga began at roughly 1:00 when Iron Man emerged. She asked to sleep on the futon (but given her insane ability to flip during her sleep, it is best to put her where she has room). She made a pallet from a comforter and quilt at the end of our bed. She goes to sleep.

Around 2:00 Hulk woke up for a nighttime nursing. Remember, he can get pretty angry if he has to wait - so its best to address his situation quickly.

Around 3:00 Captain America came in to inform me that I forgot to move him when I went to sleep. He wants to sleep at the end of the bed where Iron Man is now sleeping - but of course this spot is taken. Tears ensue. He reluctantly gets onto the futon pallet and goes to sleep. The noise wakens Hulk who decides to eat again (after all - Hulk is pretty big and probably needs a LOT of calories).

Here is where it gets fun. Thor woke up at about 4:00 and stayed awake. He first took his pants off, deciding he was hot. He then decided he needed Yee-Haw and Lambie (stuffed animals) located in another room. He gets out of bed only to step on Iron Man's head. Well, needless to say, this didn't go over too well with Iron Man. Only, she blamed Captain American   - not Thor. And well Thor, in his half asleep stupor was disoriented and confused to the whole situation and got back in my bad crying. He stayed awake for the next hour and a half filliping around in bed and taking off his shirt.

Hulk ate again around 5:00, but no worries at 5:30 all FOUR little Avengers were asleep. Thirty minutes of pure wonderful sleeping, my alarm went off at 6:00. I LOVE these moments. They are fleeting.