Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation All I Ever Wanted

So Brian had to go to DC last week - and since I was not working - we all went! We had a great time. We stayed at a pretty nice Residence Inn so we had a full size fridge and could cook some simple meals. It was nice. The only rough part was that I wast kinda stuck at the hotel Monday-Friday during the day while Brian had to work. However, there was a large grocery store, a super Target, and a strip shopping center that even had a small playground. So, we were able to entertain ourselves.

We flew up on Saturday, July 4th. We saw a pretty decent little firework show in Reston, VA.

However, the next Sunday was a full day. We went to Arlington National Cemetery, which I had never been to before. Brian's maternal grandfather is buried there. We also went to the America History Smithsonian, which we had really not seen before due to remodeling.

Here is a picture of Kailey, Benson and I waiting in line to get on the trolley streetcar :)

Brian showing off his favorite - Route 66 (even located in Oklahoma!)

two sleeping babies!